Attendance: 8 leaders & adults
Next Meeting: Feb. 2.
* COOKIES: Cookie Chair = Helena at helenasic@... She is having trouble securing a "drop off site" for cookies this year and would appreciate any suggestions. If we can not get one, we will need to do a "trailer drop." A truck comes to a specified parking lot and the town has ONE hour to have each Troop pull up, off-load their own cookies, have them checked and then drive off. It would require that ALL troops send a representative during this small window of time (the delivery company picks the time not us)
* Council Updates: by Nancy Pollock = npollock@...
* Council Monthly newsletter sign-up: Go to GSEM Web site. Go to the bottom of the home page and look for â "sign-up for E newsletter" and follow the prompts
* Susan is keeping the Framingham Service Unit's Web site updated with new programs
* Camp brochures available in next couple of weeks
* Cookie Creations: An adult fundraiser to support GSEM, anyone may attend (not limited to GS), local chefs "whip up" an original creation using one of the eight varieties of GS cookies, Celebrity Judges will determine "Best Overall Dessert" and attendees will choose the "Crowd Favorite." complimentary appetizers, cash bar, silent auction, and raffle drawing. Tickets are $30 each or 2 for $50, RSVP: www.girlscoutseasternmass.org or 857-453-5336.
* Thurs, Jan 21 from 6-8pm at Hawthorne Hotel, Salem
* Thurs, Jan 28 from 6-8pm at The Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
* Hanscom Air Force Base: Date correction = March 6: If your Troop is going and is willing to bring other cookie donations from our town please post this offer on Yahoo with specifics (i.e. date, time, and location to bring cookies)
***Town wide Events:
A. Girl Scout Sunday: St Bridget Church will host a Mass on Sunday, March 7 at 9 a.m.
Note: If any Troop is organizing another GS Sunday Mass at your church feel free to post the details on Yahoo and send to this Web site.
B. Girl Scout Bowling: Fairways, Natick Saturday, March 6 More details to come.
C. Town Bridging: If there is enough interest we will hold this event in May or June, watch for more info