Girl Scout Day with The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Broadway Across Boston is offering this special event on Saturday, March 20 at 2 p.m. at the Colonial Theatre in Boston. Tickets are $28.75.
The day includes the chance to earn a Broadway Across America patch and have a theatre adventure with Girl Scouts from the area. Tickets are limited so have your Troop leader order today!
Troops & Scouts that complete these steps below will earn a Broadway Across America Patch!
1. Attend a performance of The Very Hungry Caterpillar on March 20, at 2 p.m. We have set aside seats in the Orchestra just for the Girl Scouts!
2. Be prepared to pose for a picture with Girl Scouts from around New England
3. Take a special tour of Boston’s Colonial Theatre
4. Meet the cast after the show
5. Eric Carle is an author who has published many popular books, three of which are brought to life in this stage production: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Mixed-Up Chameleon and The Little Cloud. Read one of these books with your troop and compare it to what you saw on stage.
6. Eric Carle creates his characters by cutting and pasting tissue paper, which is called collage. Practice this art technique with your troop to tell your own story.
7. This stage production uses different kinds of puppets to bring Eric Carle’s stories to life. You can make puppets using a paper lunch bag, turning it upside down, and placing your hand in the fold. When you move your hand, you have given your puppet a mouth! Decorate your puppet using paper, markers, fabric or yarn to make it your own.
To order tickets visit www.eventusher.com and use password GSCOUTS10
Note: Patches will be distributed with tickets to your performance on 3/20/10. No other dates or performances can be purchased with this offer. Patch requirements will be monitored by Troop leaders.
Troops will be contacted with specific details regarding the Girl Scout theatre tour and meet and greet following the close of this offer.
Deadline to order tickets is March 5, 2010. Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable.
For more information call 617-482-8616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org